I have chosen this topic for my Passion Project because I have always had a profound interest in Aboriginal creation stories and their way of life. I have specifically chosen the Ojibwe people because on my dad's side I am part Ojibwe and because they were the ones who first created the dream catcher. I want to learn to make a dream catcher because I have always found them quite beautiful and interesting. Also, my mom does not like them so this gives me an excuse to bring one into our home.
My mentor for this project will be my dad because we are Ojibwe on his side and he has a greater understanding for their culture. He also has always liked to make things out of leather, so I will be getting his help for creating the dream catchers.
I'm excited to share my learning experience and put my craft skills to the test!
No comments:
Post a Comment